您要打印的文件是:走遍美国三:Grandpa's Trunk 祖父的行李箱

走遍美国三:Grandpa's Trunk 祖父的行李箱



作者:本站    转贴自:本站原创


ACT I
Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?      Marilyn 要咖啡还是要茶?
Coffee, please. 请来点咖啡。
I am so excited! 我感到好兴奋
At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us. 明早这时候 爷爷就和我们坐在厨房啦。
When does he arrive? 他什麽时候到
At six o'clock this evening. 今晚六点。
By plane? 坐飞机来 ?
No, by train. 不坐火车。
Are we picking him up at the station? 我们要去车站接?
Not Grandpa. 爷爷不是这种人
He doesn't want anybody picking him up. 他不愿意让别人接他
He likes to be independent. 他独立性很强
Huh. 哦。
Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.Great! Let's do it! 好 我们去!

Good morning, Mom. 早安 妈妈。
Morning. 早安。
Well, hi, fellas. 你们大家好。
Hello. 哈 。
Hi, honey. 嗨 亲爱的。
Morning, Marilyn. 早安 Marilynn。
We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. 我们要上楼收拾一下爷爷的房间。
There's coffee ready. 咖啡准备好了
I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa. 一想到要见到爷爷我就觉得兴奋。
Me,too. Milk, please. 我也一样。请给我牛奶。
He's so funny. 他很逗趣
He always makes me laugh. 他总是让我笑
I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us. 我希望爷爷喜欢和我们住在一起。
I think he will. 我想会的。
It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place. 总是需要一段才能适应一个新的环境。
Won't he miss being in Florida? 他不会想念佛里达吗?
Well, he will. 他会的。
But I think he'll like being here with the family.

Are you sure about that? 你真的这麽想
It's crazy here most of the time.
But it's fun. 但很有趣。
That's for sure. 说的也是。
You know, 我说
maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa 或许我把爷爷档 一些照片组合起来
as a "welcome" present. 作为欢迎他的礼物。
That's a neat idea. 这是个好主意
What can I do? 那我能做点什
I've got it! 有啦
I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. 我皮夹有一照爷爷爸爸和我在一起照的。
It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast 那是在父子早饭上拍的
at my junior high school graduation. 在我初中毕业的时候。
Oh, I remember this picture. 噢 我还记得照 张照片。
I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station. 我真想去火车接 爷爷。
Railroad stations or airports-- 无论是火车站或机场
Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself. 爷爷总是说他自个儿设法到这 。
He's something! 他真了不起
Is this all Grandpa's stuff? 这面都是爷的东西吗?
That's it. 是的。
But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train. 不过我相信他火车上还有几件行李的。
 What's inside? 这 里面是什麽 ?
I don't know. It's locked. 不知道 锁著哪


Hi. 嗨
Oh, hi, darling. 哦 亲爱的。
Morning, Philip. 早安 Philip
I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. 我想在爷爷的衣柜中放几个好的衣架。
You know I'm very excited about his arrival. 知道我对他的到来是多麽兴奋。
We are, too. 我们也很兴奋
Susan called early this morning. Susan一大早打打电话来
She's unhappy 她很不高兴
because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip 因为她得到芝加哥出差
and can't leave till tonight. 而且要到今晚才能脱身。
She wants to be here for Grandpa. 她原希望在此等爷爷。
Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. 爷爷也会感到失望。
He loves Susan. 他喜欢Susan。
She always reminds him of Grandma. Susan总是让他想起奶奶
Well, how's everything here? 唔,东西都收适好了吗 ?
Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk. 好啦。我们正迷惑这只大衣箱呢。
It's locked. 它锁著。
Oh. I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me. 啊。钥匙在这。爷爷寄来给我的。

[NextPage]

ACT II


Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 对不起,请问这个座位有人吗
No, it's not taken. 没有 没人坐
Oh, thank you. 啊 谢谢
Oh, let me help you with this. 来 我放

Oh, thank you. 谢谢你。
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐吗
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不 不 不。我喜欢坐在靠过道的地方。
Please, you sit by the window. 你请靠窗坐。
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart………Malcolm Stewart
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴遇见
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobiin 你好。
Do you live in New York? 住在纽约吗 ?
No, no. I'm from Florida. 不 我从佛罗 里达来的。
I am, too. But didn't you just get on? 我也是。可是 不是刚上车的吗
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不 不。我刚才换了一下座位。
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁边的那个总在抽烟
and smoke really bothers me. 我受不了。
Where are you from in Florida? 你从佛罗里达什麽地方来?
Titusville. It's near Orlando. Titusville 。
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too. 世界真小。

Really? What part? 真的 什麽地
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我丈夫住在附近。
I know that area. 我知道那地方
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家离Spaceeport只有几哩路。
Do you still live there? 还住在那儿
Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now. 啊 对 对。丈夫现在就在那儿。
He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不开,没法和我一起来纽约。
Do you still live there? 你现在还住那?
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房子家俱都卖了
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些东西放进一个旧衣箱
and shipped it to my children in New York. 运到我孩子那去了,他们住在纽约。
That's my destination. 那是我要去的地方。
Are you married? 你有家室吗
My wife died four years ago. 我妻子四年前去世了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是个很好的一个真正的朋友。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我为你难过,真的为你难过。
Lots of wonderful memories. 留下的是许多美好的回忆。
We were married almost fifty years. 我们结婚将近近十年。
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 准确点说四十七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下个月John和我庆祝我们的结婚四十年纪念。
Oh, congratulations! That's nice. 啊,恭喜你们,太好了。
What does John do? John现在做什么?
He's an aerospace engineer 他担任航工程师,
and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation. 为Orlando飞机机公司工作
He started with them almost forty years ago. 他在那做了近四十年了。
What do you do? 你现在做什么?
I just retired. Had my own company. 我刚退休。我开一家公司
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff.

But I just sold it and retired. 我前不久把它卖了,然后退休。
Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please. 对不起 太太 车票请拿出来看一下。
Would you kindly hold these keys, please? 请帮我拿一下钥匙。
I have a ticket, I know. 我知道我有车票
I was in the smoking section. 我原本坐在吸烟车厢的。
It's OK, lady. Take your time. 没关系太太 慢慢来。
I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin. 我相信是在皮包 Tobin太太。
Oh, here it is. 哦 在这 。
And here are your keys. Thank you. 谢谢。
Do you have family in New York? 在纽约有亲人?
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City. 没有。我在纽很要好的朋友。
We like to go to the theater together. 我们常一起去戏院。
You said you have family in New York. 你说你在纽约有家人。
Yes, indeed. 对 没错。
A son and his wife and their three children-- 有个儿子 还有儿媳妇以及 们的三个孩子
my grandchildren. 我的孙儿女们
You must be excited. 您一定很兴奋
I can't wait, to see them! 我恨不得马上见到他们。
Are you going to live with them? 您打算和他们住吗 ?
Yes. 对。
Permanently? 一直住下去
Well... they want me to, 这……他们想我这样。
but it's too early to know for sure. 但我现在还不定。
I'm pretty independent. 我是独立性很强的人。
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence, 我总是告诫孩子们独立的重要。
but I'm not sure I want to be alone. 但我不知道我是否想一个人生活。
Some people don't mind being alone. I do. 有些人不在乎,我在乎。
I understand. But tell me. 我能理解。
Why did you stop working? 你为什么要退休?
I retired because... I wanted to be with my family. 我退休是因为  …我想和全家人在一起。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一个人独自生活了。

 


[NextPage]

ACT III


Ladies and gentlemen, 各位女士先生
Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City. 我们很高兴报告 Amtrak火车就要到达纽约了。
The train will be stopping in five minutes. 火车将在五分种后靠站
Please check to be sure you have your belongings. 请记得带您的行李。
And have a good stay in the Big Apple. 祝您在纽约愉快。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Well, here we are. 好了,终于到了
It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart. 很高兴遇见你 Stewart先生。
And nice meeting you, too, Mrs. Tobin. 我也很高兴见到Tobin太太。
Please look us up. 请和我们联络
We're in the phone book. 我们家的电话可以在电话簿上查到。
Dr. Philip Stewart, in Riverdale. Philip Stewarrt大夫 在Riverdale 。
Your son? 你的儿子
That's right. And have a good time in New York. 对。祝在纽约玩得愉快。
And don't be so independent. 不要再坚持个性了
You're very lucky to have a caring family. 你很幸运有一温馨的家庭。

 

When can we go fishing? 我们什到时候热钓鱼
Robbie, we'll go fishing soon, Robbie啊 我妹很快就会去。
and we'll take your dad with us. 带你爸爸也一破 去。
I'm ready, Grandpa. You name the day. 我准备好啦爷爷。哪一天随你挑吧。
That's a great idea, Grandpa! 这太好了,爷爷
Philip needs a day off. Philip需要休假。
Let's give him our presents--now. 现在把我们的礼物送给爷爷吧。
Good idea. 好。
Presents--for me? 礼物,给我的?
From me and Marilyn. Marilyn和我送的
And this one's from me. 这张是我送的
I looked all over the house to find it. 我找遍了全屋才找到它。
Richard, these are terrific pictures. Richard这些照照片真棒
This one really brings back memories. 这一张的确唤起了许多的回忆。
You remember that day, Robbie? 你还记得那天Robbie
I sure do. It was fun. 当然。当时真有意思。
Oh, I'm sorry Susan isn't here. 啊 可惜Susann不在。
I miss her very much. 我非常想她。
She feels bad, too, Grandpa. 她也很沮丧,爷爷。
She called to say the plane was delayed. 她打电话回来 告诉我们飞机误点。
You know airports. 机场的事你是知道的。
I can't wait to see her. 我等不及要见她。
She looks just like Grandma at that age. 她和她奶奶年青时候长得一模一样。
I'd better unpack. 我还是先把行李打开吧。
I started traveling twenty-four hours ago. 从出门到现在已经二十四小时了。
I'm not so young anymore. 我不再那么年轻了。
Don't you want something to eat? 您想吃点什么
No, thanks. 不用了 谢谢
After a good night's sleep, I'll enjoy breakfast even more. 好好睡一觉,早吃早餐会更香。
Well, come on, Dad. 好 来吧 爸
Ellen and I'll take you to your room. Ellen和我带你你去你房间
I'm sure glad you're here, Grandpa. 
Good night, Grandpa. 晚安 爷爷。
Pleasant dreams. 祝你有个好梦


Philip, do you have the key to the trunk? Philip 衣箱的钥匙在你那
I have the key, but it doesn't work. 我有钥匙,但打不开箱子。
I sent the wrong key. 我寄错了钥匙
I have something for you. I made it myself. 我有件东西给你,是我亲手做的。
I think you'll enjoy it. 我想你们会喜欢的。
I researched it for over a year. 我研究了一年多。
It's our family tree. 这是我们的家谱
Oh, Grandpa! How exciting! 啊,爷爷!激动人心。
Fabulous! 真是令人难以置信。
Why, I didn't know that your grandfather was born in Germany. 你看,我竟然不知道您的爷爷出生在德国。
Lots of interesting information about our family. 面很多我们家族有趣的东西呢
A gift from me. 这是我的一件礼物。
Thank you so much. 太感谢你了。
Grandpa! Grandpa! 爷爷!爷爷
Oh, Grandpa, I'm so happy to see you! 啊,爷爷,见到您我真高兴。
Oh, you look so beautiful, Susan. My granddaughter. 啊 真漂亮 Susan 我的好孙女。
Like I always said, you look just like Grandma. 我老是说,你太象你奶奶。
I think you're going to be very happy here with us. 我想你和我们在一起会很愉快的。
I know you will. 我想你会的。
I don't feel alone anymore. 我再也不觉得孤独了。。